🎉 Congrats! Your Startup was covered by Startup Dope. And it’s only the beginning 👏
Now that your article has been published on Startup Dope, It’s time to market it the right way to get the best mileage out of it.
Our Step-By-Step actionable guide will walk you through the items to get the maximum coverage for your startup.
Step 1: Create an Announcement / Article on Your Blog
- Create an announcement blog post mentioning that you’ve been covered by Startup Dope
- Headings & Subheadings: Optimize the content accordingly and
- Linking: Link to the article and maintain the keywords & the keyword distribution that describe the product. Do not over-optimize as it may prove counter-intuitive for your ranking.
Step 2: Social Media Promotion:
- Share the Covered article (Article on Startup Dope) across all relevant social media platforms: Facebook, X (Formerly Twitter), Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.
- Tailor your message to each platform: Use relevant hashtags, tag your startup’s Social Handle/ID, and engage with comments and questions.
- Run targeted social media ads: Consider paid advertising on platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn to reach a wider audience.
- Create engaging social media graphics: Use eye-catching visuals to promote the article and grab attention.
Step 3: Email Marketing Strategy For Startups:
- Segment your email list: Target the article to relevant segments of your audience based on their interests and demographics.
- Craft a compelling email subject line: Highlight the benefits of the article and entice readers to open it.
- Personalize the email content: Create a short write-up about your product/Startup and mention or cite the Startup Dope’s article about you.
- Include a strong call to action: Encourage readers to visit the article, subscribe to your newsletter, or download a related resource.
Step 4: Outreach Strategy for Startups and Guest Posting:
- Reach out to relevant bloggers and journalists: Pitch your article for inclusion in their blog posts or publications. Cite that you’ve already been covered by Startup Dope
- Offer to guest post on other websites: Share your expertise and promote your Startup on relevant blogs and online communities.
- Participate in online forums and discussions: Engage in relevant conversations and share the article as a valuable resource.
Step 5: Send a press release:
- Craft a newsworthy press release: Highlight the unique features and benefits of your startup and the insights about it. Cite the covered article.
- Distribute the press release: Send your press release to relevant news outlets and PR websites.
Step 6: Content Repurposing:
- Create a video summary of the article: Share it on YouTube and other video platforms.
- Develop a SlideShare presentation: Use it for webinars, online meetings, or conferences. Include snippets of it, and cite the article to increase credibility.
P.S.: You can get this checklist printed.
|Research keywords, optimize title, meta description, headings, images
|Social media snippets
|Create different snippets for each platform, design graphics
|Schedule social media posts
|Utilize schedulers, set launch dates and times
|Schedule the date and time, choose the platform
|Draft and send to relevant media outlets
|Social media launch
|Share articles on all platforms, engage with comments, run contest
|Continue social media promotion
|Schedule posts for weeks after launch, track engagement
|Online communities and forums
|Submit articles to relevant groups, engage in discussions
|Guest posting outreach
|Identify target websites, draft pitches, reach out to bloggers
|Analyze results and refine strategy
|Track traffic, identify successful channels, adjust approach
- Create a video about your Startup and share it on YouTube and social media.
- Run targeted ads on social media and search engines for the article.
- Offer a free trial or discount code for your startup to entice readers.
- Collaborate with us for a joint marketing campaign.
These steps aren’t exhaustive and are only the basic steps that can improve the presence of your startup online. As you do these activities regularly, your startup will reach a wider audience who would be willing to try your product and hopefully convert into a paying customer.